Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today I'd like to give a shout out to two of the most supportive individuals of what I do here in Boston.

Bleep

Bleep (aka Brian Merz) was introduced to me as he was told of my love for disco, Italo and otherwise, and as result, invited me to peform for FutureRetro, a night that was hosted by Opal Lounge in early 2005. At the time, I was still getting my feet wet as far as proper programming, mixing, and other DJ-related skills. For him to give me an opportunity to perform despite my amateur status was something with which I am very grateful. Despite, shaky blends and iffy beat-matching, I was able to reach a new audience. From that point onward, his support for me has proven to be invaluable, and a great friendship had been made. Bleep has also hosted the series, "Party in the Combat Zone" at Gallery 808, which had its final party on September 30. I was invited to perform one of the parties, and it was one of the best experiences I had playing for a crowd, which, while modest, was devoted and enthralled with the music. It seemed as though it was a harbinger for what would come in the future for me as a DJ, and I have Bleep to think for enabling me to have the time of my life that evening. This gentleman is a primary player in nuturing a growing dance music culture in Boston, through his hard work, enthusiasm, personability, and passion for the music.



David Day

David Day is a very strong figure in Boston dance music culture, a hard-working and ever active contributor, whether as a DJ, promoter, distrbutor, producer, or film-maker. Mr. Day and I had the pleasure of DJing together at Love During Wartime, and from there I found much support and recognition for which I am indebted.



David is also a photographer, and captured this shot of me shown below, during AllSkate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home